A loft conversion is the process of transforming an empty roof into a functional room, usually used as a bedroom, office space, a gym, or storage space. The installation of a loft conversion is a complicated process which because of the large amount of work involved many people are choosing a specialist loft conversion to undertake the work.
A loft conversion is the process of transforming an empty roof into a functional room, usually used as a bedroom, office space, gym, or storage space. Creating a loft conversion is a complex process and we are experienced specialists which can offer you the best solutions!
Some of the features of creating a loft conversion:
- the work needs the approval under Building Regulation
- the foundation needs to be checked by a structural engineer to assure that extra weight added to loft can be carried by it.
- a quick check to find out there is enough head height and how can be created
- notify your neighbour of your proposals as long as your house is either terraced or semi-detached which fall under the Party Wall Act. 1996
- the building officer will inspect various stages of the work as well as the final inspection when should be issued the completion certificate.
- the roof shall suffer slightly modifications for gaining the requested space
- stairs should be considered offering the acces in and out the loft
- fire safety - mains-powered interlinked smoke alarm system installed on each floor, fire-resistant doors placed at the top and bottom of stairway
- insulation added in most cases between rafters
- insulating against sound
- fitting windows and gaining natural light
- electrical work
- finishes work
Feel free to contact us and one of our representatives shall get back to you as soon as possible.