Should you wish your home to have more space, and you are looking to find this by converting and extending their cellar to create a basement storey beneath their existing property. A basement is located close to the main living areas and access, and as such has a more flexible range of uses. A basement is the ideal location for additional family living space, such as a playroom or home entertainment room. It is also a great place to relocate the utility room, boiler and storage, freeing up more valuable above-ground space. Alternatively, a basement can have its own external entrance and provide a self-contained unit, ideal for use as a home office, annexe, or a even an entirely separate new dwelling.
- Converting an existing cellar beneath a dwelling from a storage area to a habitable space involves only a ‘change of use’ and it does not require planning permission.
- Reducing the floor level of a cellar to improve the ceiling height will enlarge the volume of the property and therefore, it is treated as an extension and may need planning permission.
- The conversion of a new habitable basement will require Building Regulations approval regardless of whether it involves a change of use of an existing cellar.
Waterproofing your cellar:
- Waterproofing below ground level is one of the most important part of the work for which our engineers are offering the best advice and products to accomplish your project!
- Adding one or more stores to the building, and the given depth of the existing foundation being inadequate to support the modified building , underpinning work requires very careful planning and execution. Gaining the approval under the building regulations will usually involve the preparation of a structural design of the underpinning, including the process to be carried out during construction.
- efficient time-management;
- sustainable waste management;
- best work security and safety on site
Should you wish us to carry out the report and proper work through our experienced engineers and site supervisors please eel free to contact us or fill this form and one of our representatives shall get back to you as soon as possible.
Feel free to contact us and one of our representatives shall get back to you as soon as possible.